WEDDINGS AT TUMBLING WATERS
A unique location just 60 minutes South of Sydney CBD where the Mountains meet the Ocean.
Explore our unique Sydney Wedding Venue Near Wollongong
Tumbling Waters Retreat is located on the South Coast to the North of Wollongong, arguably one of the most beautiful wedding venues Sydney has to offer!
Private gardens rolling lawns with an ocean backdrop, perfect for a garden wedding ceremony, and beautiful photos. The bespoke sandstone reception center with floor to ceiling windows command breathtaking ocean and rain forest views.
Exquisite cuisine, luxury accommodation …… the perfect one-stop destination wedding venue.
Our handpicked team of professionals and dedicated wedding coordinator will ensure your day is a huge success.
60 minutes south of Sydney CBD and two and a half hours from Canberra. Venue inspections by appointment only Saturdays 10 am – 11 am.
All the information about our prices, packages on offer, menus etc. can be found below.
Every aspect of your special day is covered.
Experienced Wedding Coordinator + Team.
Private gardens rolling lawns with ocean views
Wedding arbor, sandstone aisle, 20 chairs, signing table
Indoor and Outdoor surround sound music system.
Beautiful function room, enjoy the freedom of adding your own decorations.
Outdoor undercover terrace areas decks outdoor seating
Granite dance floor
Plan B Glass Atrium onsite, inclement wet weather option for your ceremony if required.
Gourmet onsite catering, premium unlimited alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages all inclusive packages
BYO spirits and beer permitted, all our tariffs include corkage.
Beautiful photo locations all onsite
You can add as little or as much of your personal touches as you wish
Unlimited free parking
Stress free weddings operating since 2002
OPTION TO BOOK AS A DESTINATION WEDDING VENUE
Featuring luxury accommodation suites, the perfect ambiance to relax & unwind.
Treat your family and friends…. offering 12 Suites / rooms accommodating 12 couples with a capacity for up to 35 guests sharing.
Add an evening Private Dining on the Edge, A Casual Affair with an all inclusive Chefs Menu the night before or after your Wedding exclusively available for family and friends who are staying at the Retreat.
A Breakfast Buffet is provided daily with Barrista Coffee overlooking the Ocean.
A Recovery Breakfast is provided the day after the wedding for Guests staying onsite.
Exclusive use of the Retreats wet Edge swimming pools, Upper Deck Bar Lounge and Dining Room is available if all 11 accommodation options are booked, please note a minimum 2 night stay applies.
It is not compulsory to book all of our accommodation as the retreat is purpose built to host both weddings and boutique accommodation for couples simultaneously.
Tumbling Waters Retreat
Exclusive use of the downstairs function area, glass atrium and ground floor terrace area, everything you need for your function to be a huge success.
The bespoke details to the contemporary furnishings we can cater for a small, intimate wedding with 30 guests all the way to larger affairs. Our dedicated well organised, experienced team will ensure your day is a huge success.
We make sure that there are no hidden extras, so you can focus on the fun stuff, knowing that everything is covered.
Our award-winning kitchen sets the standard for the food at the venue, and we take pride in delivering delicious cuisine for your dream wedding.
With over 2000 weddings under our belt, our experienced team will ensure your wedding is stress free and a huge success.
Tumbling Waters Retreat.
- Stunning private ceremony location with a wedding arbor you are free to leave raw or add your decorations.
- Manicured gardens with an ocean backdrop, signing table, 20 Tiffany chairs, outdoor Bose sound system.
- Arrival beverages before your wedding ceremony.
- Ornamental pond stunning photo opportunities. Onsite parking with an abundance of parking spots available adjacent the retreat.
- Terrace area and deck, ambient garden lighting, outdoor furniture, cushions, iced water drinking stations,
- Included inside the reception area is the retreats bespoke decor. Retreats table cloths & matching napkins for sitdown weddings. An abundance of candles & succulents from our garden. Cocktail dispensers, complimentary cake cutting, cake table knife and wishing well.
- Wedding cake Belgium chocolate cake if selected as the dessert option.
- Corkage is also included should you wish to BYO spirits and beer
Of course, it wouldn't be a party without our sandstone and glass dance floor, Bose surround sound system, lectern, pa and microphone for the speeches.
Duration 2 hours from $2450 Mon, Wed, Thurs and $3450 Fri Sat Sun + $30 per person *FIND OUT MORE
Reception & Ceremony Venue Hire Fee from Fri/ Sat/ Sun $4950 & Wed- Thurs $3950 + package price per personFIND OUT MORE
6 hours duration from $258 per person + Reception & Ceremony Venue Hire Fee includes beverage service.FIND OUT MORE
5 hours duration from $225 per person + Reception & Ceremony Venue Hire Fee includes beverage serviceFIND OUT MORE
6 hours duration from $225 per person + Reception & Ceremony Venue Hire Fee includes beverage serviceFIND OUT MORE
5 hours duration from $198 per person + Reception & Ceremony Venue Hire Fee includes beverage serviceFIND OUT MORE
5 .5 Hours duration from $243 per person + Reception & Ceremony Venue Hire Fee includes beverage serviceFIND OUT MORE
4.5 hours Duration from $210 per person Reception & Ceremony Venue Hire Fee includes beverage serviceFIND OUT MORE
4 hours duration $215 per person + Venue hire fee includes beverage service & ceremony time if required.FIND OUT MORE
Planning your event
- Tumbling Waters Retreat mostly minimum 2 night stays.* Subject to availability 1 night stay some rooms. For discounted rates enter the promo code Breakfast Only to BOOK NOW
- Discounted Group Booking minimum spend 11 Accommodation Suites Minimum stay 2 nights includes Breakfast. To check availability and tariff email firstname.lastname@example.org
Luxury Ocean Suite with private pool + steamroom
Perfect for the Bride and Brides maids to stay night before the wedding.
Suitable for up to 6 people.
Large Lounge Room, beautiful Ocean & Garden views, open Fire place, large balcony with 10 meter wet edge swimming pool + steam room indoor and outdoor shower 1 x Kingsize Bed + 3 single beds + 1 Rollaway Bed Room size 130 m2 Garden Suite suitable for 1 couple or 3 people Marble Bath Room, beautiful Garden views King Size Bed + 1 Single Bed. Room size 45m2 Bath House Eco Cabin
suitable for 1 couple
Private Steam Room + Hydotherapy tub. Perfect for that nature loving couple!! 1 Kingsize bed. Room size 36m2 Luxe Ocean Suites x 2 suitable for 1 couple Balcony with Daybed indoor and outdoor Baths + showers, beautiful Ocean views 1x King Size Bed Room size 55 m2 Premium Luxe Suite suitable for 1 couple + single. Marble Bath Room large balcony with outdoor Marble Bath + showers, beautiful Ocean views. 1x King Size Bed + 1 Single Bed Room size 57m2 Premium Ocean Suite with 2 Bedrooms Suitable for 3 couples + 1 single 7 people 1 x Marble Bath Room, balcony with outdoor Stone Bath + shower, beautiful Ocean views. 1 Kingsize bed + 1 Single + 2 Queensize Beds in 2nd bedroom. * Shared Bathroom with the option to use another Bathroom nearby. 95m2 Ocean Room suitable for 1 couple + 1 single Marble Bath Room large balcony with outdoor Day Bed, beautiful Ocean views.
King Size Bed + 1 Single Bed . Room size 29m2
Luxe Ocean Suites x 2 suitable for 1 couple or 3 people. Perfect for Nana Closest to the venue. Balcony with Daybed indoor and outdoor Baths + showers, beautiful Ocean views 1x King Size Bed + 1 Single Bed Room size 55 m2 Amanzi Beach Suite
suitable for 1 couple or 4 people.
- Perfect for the GroomsMen the night before the wedding.
Additional accommodation close by on the Beach in Stanwell Park..... 5 minute drive to Tumbling Waters Retreat.
Marble Bath Room, garden terrace with outdoor Day Bed and stone bath, footsteps to the Beach.
One kingsize Bed + 1 single + 1 Rollaway Room size 60m2
Occupancy 11 couples Maximum Capacity sharing 35 people.
We can highly recommend the following professionals
- Catherine Kennedy https://www.yoursydneycelebrant.com.au/
- Amanda Knapton Civil Marriage Celebrant 0409 658 743 www.acelebrationday.com.au
- Carol Kortlepel – Phone: 0417 717 359 – www.getmarried.com.au
- Jacqueline Dee: https://jacquelinedeecelebrant.com/
- Mitch Bell Civil Celebrant Ceremonies by Mitch 0415 553 313 www.ceremoniesbymitch.com.au
- Carol Clews – Mob: 0412 090 497 – Phone: 02 42842950
- Kerry Gregory – Phone: 0403 111 948 – www.kerrygregory.com, Email: email@example.com
- 嚴老師 (Jacqueline Yen ) 悉尼華裔法定結婚公證人 (Sydney Chinese Registered Marriage Celebrant)電子郵件： firstname.lastname@example.org行動電話： 0400 825 868 (mobile number)
- The local Posy Amy Email: email@example.com Website: www.thelocalposy.com.au
- Poppy's Florist https://www.poppysflorist.com.au/
- The Flower Guys firstname.lastname@example.org www.theflowerguys.com.au
- Blossom email@example.com Blossom Love
- Helensburgh Flowers Bear Trader https://www.beartrader.com.au/contact
- Shique Floral Design in Shellharbour Village firstname.lastname@example.org p (02) 42961010
- Anita Brown Pepe,s Garden www.pepesgarden.com.au email@example.com 0414 191 986
- Biljana Kolodziej Dream Creations & Designs Mobile: 0420 659 326 www.dreamcreationsanddesigns.com.au
- Hugo Photography & Film
0401 163 616
- Instill Photography Instill Photography and Cinematography you will love
- Bedford Photography Weddings www.bedfordphotography.com.au E: firstname.lastname@example.org 0432 268 101
- The storytellers Wedding The Storytellers Wedding E email@example.com
- Better Together Photo Co
- Peter Izzard 0431 776 036 * www.peterizzardphotography.com.au
- Joel Quinn Photography Website - http://www.joelquinnphotography.com/
- Evoke Photography p: +61 2 8021 3255
- Jack Jones Weddings Jack Jones Wedding Photography (jackjonesweddings.com.au)
Joshua Witheford : firstname.lastname@example.org 0412 814 474 Web: www.joshuawitheford.com
- Darryn McKay Mobile 0403 822 281 Website: http://www.mckayphotography.com.au
- Siempre www.siempre.com.au
- Morris IMAGES https://www.morrisimages.com.au/
- Vincent Lai Photography email@example.com 0412 611 164. www.vincentlai.com.au
- Blake Lisk Website: https://www.flametreestudio.co/ Email: Blake@pillarcreative.co Instagram: @flametreestudio.co
- James Rose / Business Owner firstname.lastname@example.org / 0409 810 773
- Cinehaus www.cinehaus.com.au
- Laura Vagheggi www.dragonflyproductions.com.au
- In a maze Handcrafted Wedding Films | inamaze.com.au
- Anthony Hughes Musician, acoustic singer and DJ – www.divineproductions.com.au
- Maple Creek | Duo, DJ, MC + Celebrant https://www.maplecreekmusic.com.au/weddings/ email@example.com
- English and The Doc. live Music 0413434433 or 0421 844639.
- Clear Strings – Wedding Music Specialists –www.clearstrings.com – 0408443585
- Harry Cleverdon Music Harry Cleverdon Music
- Rodney Cockle guitar lie music – Phone: 0418 655 844 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Kennedy DJ and MC excellent rates,Robrock Productions – Mob:0411508465 –http://www.robrockproductions.com.au/
- Rob and Darryl – Duo team – Mob: 0402 000644
- ylvia Legowski – Harpist – Mob: 0419 816 847
- Southern Strings – String Quartet – https://www.southernstrings.com/
- Lionel Robinson – Musician – Mob: 0425 268 893
- Wayne Brown – Mob: 0414 633 614 – Email: email@example.com – www.popbeatblues.com.au
- Jodie www.jodiestubbs.com Mob: 0415 766 783 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Collins Singer, Guitarist, Session Player, DJ, MC 0468 741 048 Music Page: facebook.com/whoiscollins
- Diamond Strings Violin Duo
Phone 0423 496 333
Hair and Make Up
- Carina Labelle Boutique Email email@example.com
- Making faces – www.makingfacesmakeup.com.au
- Peta Niche Hair & Beauty firstname.lastname@example.org www.nichehairandbeauty.com.au 0401 005 804
- Macarthur Makeup by Angie 0426951377 www.macarthurmakeup.com.au email@example.com
- Emma Bridal Makeup Artist
- Pinnacle Design Studio – Create. Innovate. Inspire. – Phone: (02) 8517 0908 or 0405 362 650- www.pinnacledesignstudio.com.au – firstname.lastname@example.org
- VALLEY FAIR CANDLES http://www.valleyfaircandles.com/ will deliver to Tumbling Waters ….the perfect little gift to say thank you.
All Local Taxi , transport services must be booked well in advance.
Shire Shuttle Bus & Tours 0405679121 1300 859 589
Private Drivers Online will get you there and back in a comfort class care with a driver who really takes care of you https://privatedrivers.online/
Ken hall Local Uber Email: email@example.com Phone: 0416653749
Robert local driver has a 7 seater 0416188955
Taxi can transport up to 7 people Lionel 0403820760 firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Potter 0418 694 254
- Helensburgh ride share Email: email@example.com
- Maxi Cab – seats 11 people – Mob: 0411 573 365
- Taxi – Mob: 0416 293 854
- South Coast scenic Tours – ( 20 seater bus ) www.scstours.com.au 0408 171 515
- Leisure Coast Limousine and luxury Mini Coaches – Phone: 4261 7393 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.leisurecoastlimousine.com.au
- Global limousines Tristan Ware – Phone: 0434 555 466 – Email: email@example.com
- Burkes Coaches – Mob: 0412 426 869
- East Coast mini bus hire 02 9540 5830 mob 0428 161 310
- Warrigal Charters – Wollongong – Mathew Patridge – Mob: 0414 725538 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.wollongongbushire.com.au
- Telfords Bus and Coach – Phone: 8580 3515 –
- Your Chauffeur – Car service – Phone: 0419 444 509 From Sutherland Shire area
- Roll up in a rolls www.rollupinarolls.com.au
- Double Decker Bus 90 pax
If your guests are arriving by bus please inform the bus company they must not leave their engine running as it disturbs nearby residents. The bus must park as close to the retreat as possible. Wollongong Council has prohibited Tumbling Water Retreat to make any noise at night what so ever, this includes the reversal warning alarm installed on all buses. We ask that bus use the car parking area adjacent Tumbling Waters to turn around in.
Tumbling Waters is less than 60 min by train from Sydney CBD closest station- Helensburgh
- Helensburgh Railway station – Phone: 02 4223 5864 – www.cityrail.com.au
- Chaos and Couture Cakes : www.chaosandcouturecakes.com
- Lana bubbly cakes Www.bubblycakes.com.au
- Joan Lucas – Mob: 0416 026 106 email@example.com Joan lives about 20 minutes from Tumbling Waters and also specialises in last minute dress alterations!
- Tops Stay Walking Distance from Tumbling Waters can accommodate 2 couples call 0419 499 204 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Stanwell Park Beach Cottage’ http://www.stanwellparkbeach.com
- The Tops Conference center at Stanwell Tops is 5 minutes away from Tumbling Waters. https://m.thetops.com.au/
Bookings are best made well in advance catering 20-500 guests.
- Otford Cottage Bed & Breakfast – Phone: 02 42942218, Mobile phone: 0431 615 941
- Leafy Sea Cottage Stanwell Park 0405 463 015 www.leafyseacottage.com.au
- Stanwell Park Beachhouse accommodates 6 guests contact. Phone: 0418 574 068
- Fernleigh Cottage Stanwell Park. Phone: 4294 1991 email@example.com
- Ocean Blue https://oceanbluebnb.com/info/
- A venue hire fee is required to secure your booking and is an acknowledgement of all the terms and conditions for booking a function at Tumbling Waters Retreat.
- Should Covid 19 effect our business operations at the retreat and we are not permitted to host your wedding we can transfer your wedding FOC to another suitable date that works for everyone. Please note weddings transferred to future dates will be subject to any tariff increase applicable to the new date. To work in with what is permissible with the NSW Health regulations at the time of your wedding i.e 4 square meter rule, we will allow you to reduce your minimum spend / guests attending your wedding. We may need to reduce some of the Menu items that are available for selection to assist us and our team to navigate some of the challengers COVID 19 presents.Normal cancellation fees / date change fees will apply if you decide not to go ahead with your wedding and cancel or wish to postpone your wedding to a future date.
- Final payment is due 21 days prior to your reception/function date. Payment can be made by direct transfer into Tumbling Waters Retreat Bank Account.
- Confirmation of final guest numbers is required 21 days prior to the function together with final payment. This will be the minimum number of guests charged for.
- For security reasons a copy of a valid credit card must be supplied to TWR Management and the owner of the property reserves the right to debit the credit card for any outstanding funds, loss or damage to the property and business caused by clients / guests/ subcontractors, before, during or following a function.
- The wedding commences when guests arrive as per the agreed time and ends when the wedding concludes all must guests leave.
- An additional fee of $600.00 per hour or part there of will be charged if guests fail to leave at the agreed completion time.
- It is anticipated ( not essential ) that you may need about 1 hour in total of onsite meeting with our wedding coordinator to familiarize with our style of operation should you require more on site meetings greater than the above, a charge of $75 per hour will apply.
- In the event of early cancellation, greater than 1 year from the booked date a fee of $2000.00 will be charged.
- Functions cancelled within 12 months of the booked date will be charged the full venue hire fee used to secure the reservation.
- Midweek date changes Monday - Thursday incur a $1000 fee, to lock in a new date the applicable publish package rate and venue hire fee applies.
- Weekend date changes Friday, Saturday and Sunday will incur a fee of $2000 and the applicable publish package rate and venue hire fee applies.
- If a wedding date has been changed and then subsequently cancelled the full venue hire fee and the date change fee will be charged.
- Functions cancelled within 30 days of the event will incur the full tariff payable for the function.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Menus may change due to seasonal availability.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat is situated in a residential area, there are certain noise level restrictions to which we must adhere, and therefore function times cannot extend beyond 9:00 pm on Sundays and 11:00 pm Monday to Saturday.
- Due to Council Regulations loud outside amplified music is not permitted.
- If your guests are arriving by bus we will need to know in advance the contact details of the bus company. As we need to instruct them to not leave their engine running as it disturbs nearby residents and they must park as close to the retreat as possible
- All outside contractors must produce evidence of current public liability insurance.
- All photographers / videographers etc must keep well away from ‘DANGEROUS areas’, this includes the entire edge of the escarpment.
- If a service provider i.e Photographer / Videographer / DJ is on site for more than 4 hours duration it is mandatory a crew meal is supplied by the venue and an additional charge applies.
- Service providers are served after your guests have been served and are seated separately.
- Once the function has commenced and guests are served alcohol, the ornamental pool area is strictly out of bounds to function guests (except the bridal party during photography).
- No children are permitted in the pool areas at any time.
- At Tumbling Waters we practice the responsible service of alcohol. One alcoholic beverage at a time will be served to the person who is consuming the beverage.
- Alcohol will not be supplied to intoxicated or under age persons. .
- Should it become necessary to contact security for misbehavior by guests, all costs incurred will be passed on to the function organizers.
- As Tumbling Waters Retreat is a fully licensed venue, function organizers are not permitted to supply their own food unless prior consent has been given by Tumbling Waters Retreat Management. Please note: package prices remain unchanged should guests decide to BYO alcohol and / or food.
- Damage caused to any property of Tumbling Waters Retreat by guests is the responsibility of the function organiser. Tumbling Waters Retreat does not accept responsibility for the damage or loss of property hired and / or owned by others during the course of, or after any function.
- As we are located on the edge of an escarpment with a natural waterfall, children must be supervised by an adult at all times, the total responsibility for the safety and care of the children during the entire duration of the event will be that of the parents and not Tumbling Waters Retreat in any way whatsoever) – An acknowledgement of responsibility and indemnity form will need to be signed by the parents prior to the commencement of the function.
- The natural pool is dependent upon weather conditions for its water capacity. Tumbling Waters Retreat can bear no responsibility for the play of nature.
- The bridal party must bid their guests farewell inside the dining area / atrium lower deck area and not in the car park.
- Guests must leave in a quiet and orderly manner so as not to disturb nearby residents – No beeping of horns etc. The Master of Ceremonies must mention this on completion of the reception and must be present to assist with the quiet and orderly departure of guests.
- Should Tumbling Waters Retreat receive a fine by Wollongong City Council due to excessive noise caused by guests attending the function; this fine will then be passed onto function organizer.
- Should the accommodation be booked by the bridal party or wedding guests, there is strictly no partying in guest’s suites after the function ends. A 50% deposit for all accommodation will need to be paid when the accommodation is booked – failure to pay the 50% deposit will result in no confirmation of the accommodation booking.
- The owners reserve the right to make changes to improve the business / property at their own discretion.
- The owners reserve the right to cancel a booking if the client demands are against the service providers advice or ability to deliver.
- Parking onsite is at your own risk.
- Tumbling Waters Retreat cannot accept any responsibility & refund for natural weather related events.
In the case of fire / natural disaster we will postpone / reschedule your wedding / accommodation to the next available date that is suitable to both parties. The retreat has a very good fire defence system with over 300 000 litres of water stored onsite and we work closely with the RFS - your safety is our priority.
Venue inspections are strictly by appointment on a Saturday between 10am - 11 am or at a time that is suitable for you and our TWR team.
Come see our venue please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we place limits on the amount of weddings we host per week and are open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays for Weddings.
Please contact the property for availability ceremony only package.
- Nil availability
- last minute special / reduced numbers